Senior Manager, Financial Reporting & Control
Report to: Chief Finance Official
Work Location: Ho Chi Minh City
- – Associate
- – Insurance
- – Banking
- – Financial Services
- – Full-time
- – Finance
- – Accounting/Auditing
- – Lead the Financial Reporting section as well as guide other Finance sections to ensure the company accounting reports, books & records complied with IFRS and VAS.
- – Responsible for maintaining work systems, procedures and policies that enable and encourage the optimum performance of Reporting section in terms of both quality and quantity
- – Manage the team operation to comply with local regulations and to mitigate tax risks and optimize tax expenses
Roles and Responsibilities
Financial Reporting Management (40%)
- – Manage quality monthly & quarterly closing including booking and reports according to the timeline set by Group Office
- – Plan, evaluate, and improve the efficiency of business processes and procedures to enhance speed, quality, efficiency, and output.
- – Establish and maintain relevant control checks to mitigate error and enhance quality of financial data
- – Manage the preparation, maintenance and development of local Financial Reports as regulated.
- – Manage monthly/quarterly/annual Tax Filing and ad-hoc Tax Matters
Financial Compliance (30%)
- – Direct the team operation to comply with Group’s policies and procedures & play the role of country BPDMO (Business Process & Data Model Owner) with details job description indicated in the Group BPM.
- – Address all actions upon receiving accounting changes from OAP/Group or upon arising new transactions of the business
- – Keep up-to-date local financial regulations as well as Tax regulation and co-ordinate proper actions to optimize the company operation within its compliance.
Staff management and development (15%)
- – Coach, mentor and provide oversight and direction to the team to accomplish the tasks as high quality.
- – Manage appropriate assignment and develop staff oriented continuous improvement, high performance and key employee retention
External Stakeholder Management (15%): Liaise & build relationship with external auditors, local tax officers and local regulators through strong and logical explanations/discussion as well as active feedback to their requests/questions
- – University degree holder specialized in Finance & Accounting. MBA degree would be a plus
- – Chief Accountant Certificate is a must
- – Minimum of 10 years working experience with minimum of 4 years managing similar job nature in the past employment-Insurance firm is a plus
- – Obtain certain education in Insurance Industry (FLMI, …)
- – Proficiency in MS Office and Accounting Software
- – Good knowledge of Vietnamese Accounting Standards (VAS) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- – Teamwork & leadership skills
- – Proficient command of spoken and written English.
How you match
– International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- – Accounting Software
– Insurance Industry
– Financial Controlling
- – Accounting
– Accounting Standards
– Financial Reporting
- – Stakeholder Management
Level of education
- – Master of business administration