Company Name: AIA (Vietnam) Life Insurance Co. Ltd.
Position Title: Specialist, Reporting & Accounting Policy
Department/Functional Area: Finance & Actuarial
Reports to: Manager, Reporting & Accounting Policy
Work Location: Ho Chi Minh, Viet Nam
Position Objective/Role definition
The specialist position in Reporting & Accounting Policy team play a critical role in ensuring quality and timely delivery of operational results and financial performance.
Roles and Responsibilities/Work to be done
A. Key routine accounting activities (80%)
– Timely manage delivery of financial information, reports and analysis to respective stakeholders for both International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS) and Vietnamese Accounting standard (VAS) basis;
– Timely manage delivery of statutory reports to comply with VAS, insurance regulations and other relevant regulations;
– Analyze financial reports and scrutinize data from accounting system/core system to provide promptly and satisfactory responses on all queries (mostly from Actuarial team) to enable business decisions;
– Review reconciliations owned by Financial Reporting Team to ensure accuracy and completeness of accounting transactions; detect and recommend areas for improvement and enhancement on current systems and processes;
– Update local accounting policies and processes in accordance with Group Accounting Policies as well as local law and regulations;
B. Other key ad-hoc activities (20%)
– Coach and provide support to other team members.
– Engage and support Finance team (both local and Group) for any development and implementation of new processes and information systems.
Internal: all sections within Finance & Actuarial Department & other Departments (Investment, Actuarial) and Group Office
External: External auditor and vendor if using outsourcing services
Minimum Job Requirements (Skill – Will – Thrill)
Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance, or related disciplines. CPA/ACCA is preferable
- – 4 – 5 year experience in finance or accounting (Big 4 experience is preferable).
- – Decent exposure in life insurance company is a plus.
- – Hand on experience with accounting system (e.g. SAP) and programming languages (e.g. SQL).
- – Thorough knowledge in VAS and IFRS.
- – Knowledge in insurance industry is a plus.
- – Proficient command of spoken and written English (Must).
- – Have a strong sense of number to yield insight from complex data.
- – Be able to handle big data volume (e.g. by policies, agents) via MS Excel, Access, SQL (Must).
- – Be good at the following key attributes.
- – Communication (both Vietnamese & English)
- – Team works
- – Proactivity
- – Independence
- – Time management
For more information and support, please contact Ms. Khanh Trịnh Phuong-Khanh.Trinh@aia.com